Tuesday 7 August 2012

The Blogger



Hi, my name is Madhu. I'm not new to blogging, really. It all started in middle school with my multiple, embarrassing Xanga pages. Then, I had a brief stint with MySpace, but that was quickly replaced with Facebook. In late high school, I started a tumblr for personal blogging, and then a blogspot with my friends. I go to the University of Texas in, you guessed it, Texas. I lived in the dorms for my freshman year, but starting Fall 2012, I have been living in a one bedroom apartment with a roommate.

I'm just an amateur who loves interior design. Magazines, HGTV, and constantly redecorating my room back home are basically the extent of my knowledge. I also really enjoy photography and did graphic design in high school. I am studying Psychology, but I wouldn't mind being a freelance stylist when I'm older and have the time.

I love all sorts of design themes, maybe even all of them. I actually really like designing for small spaces, not only because it's a challenge, but also because it's so economical. I am definitely not a big spender because I get bored with layouts so quickly. My dorm was perfect for me because I bought most of my stuff from stores like Target and TJ Maxx.

This blog will be more geared toward University students, obviously. However, it will also be great for "space savers" and very very quick, simple DIYs. I have a lot of ideas that I've tried (and a lot that have failed) and many that I want to. I just thought maybe other people can learn from my mistakes and successes!

Thank You for visiting my blog and hopefully I can make it more creative with my own pictures and videos.

-Madhu

1 comment: