Monday 12 August 2013

The Swing of Things

Long time, no blog? I realized I need to put a greater effort into blogging---and I'm starting by joining bloglovin! It's time to see if people are interested in what I have to say (also make some interior design friends maybe? Hmm?)

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

I also hope to revamp my layout soon. I'm currently at my mum's in England, but when I get back to the apartment, there will be a style overhaul! My sister has moved out and my best friend has moved in! So, we need to find our collective personality. Since we don't live in a dorm room, we can't exactly split the place down the center and design our respective spaces separately, can we? Currently, the apartment is covered in pictures of my family and friends from high school. Sooo something must be done.

Lately I've been getting into more minimalist look. Well, I just don't want my walls to be covered with frames. I think I'll do a frame collage wall on the staircase (I just have two Lord of the Rings posters there from Etsy right now) with my roommate. Then, the living room can be neutral art things/maybe a mirror. The bedroom, I will try to keep calm.

This is an old photo. I have added a garden bench on the right at the bottom of the stairs and the cat is no longer living with us. 




The main problem I'm encountering is that building/storing upwards is the only solution to limited square footage, yet I do not have the funds to buy more furniture. I will only live in this place for a school year more and then I'll be moving into a furnished apartment my parents have, so my only option is stealing furniture from there. If I can transport it in my little, lime green Ford Fiesta.

Enough chit chat! You want some quality tips and tricks. Seeing as I'm currently in a sizable house in England, I don't know how I could be of much help. However, I will see what blog posts I can wrangle up before I fly back to the states.

Toodles!
xx Madhu

EDIT !

I created that collage wall, by the way. Here it is!


Sorry it's like low-quality instagram. But yeah just really simple posters. The Arctic Monkeys one is so wrinkled and I don't know what to do. Probably will have to look up a trick on how to fix posters. These have all been packed away now because I'm moving out in July!

1 comment:

  1. excited to read about some quality tips and tricks! hehe

    ReplyDelete